The Super Coily Ponytail from Pamela Webster
Salon: Greg’s Professional Barber and Beauty Salon
Stylist: Pamela Webster
Make Up: Kisha
This style is absolutely stunning, a great hairstyle for black hair, and a lot less complicated then it initially appears. It can work great both for day and night. For this hairstyle, spiral ponytail extensions work best. To achieve the look seen above, look for ponytail extensions that are a shade or two lighter than the actual hair color, in a very curly style. The extension also should probably be lengthier than the average curly extensions; stay away from super short “pom-pom”-like ponytail extensions.
You Will Need:Styling gel (firm hold works best), Hair ties, Leave-in conditioner (optional), Wide-toothed comb, Boar bristle brush, Curly ponytail extension (see specifics above).
1. Start by totally detangling the hair using the wide-toothed comb. Having knots will make it almost impossible to get a slick look. Part the hair into sections, and in each section detangle from the ends of the hair and gradually work your way up the shaft until you are able to comb from the roots straight to the ends without interruption. Here you can (and probably should) apply a bit of leave-in conditioner if the hair is feeling a bit dry to prevent breakage.
2. Once the hair is tangle-free, apply the styling gel generously around the outer portions of the hair and use it to slick the hair back. It is very easy to use too much styling gel, so be a bit light-handed, and to choose a styling gel that can be washed out easily. Use the boar bristle brush to further smooth out unruly edges.
3. Tie the hair firmly into a ponytail at the top of the head. Double-check, and be sure that the ponytail isn’t tight enough to cause headaches, especially if the style is going to worn for a long period of time.
4. Braid the ponytail, and secure the braid with a rubber band so that it can be easily concealed beneath the ponytail extension.
5. Attach the ponytail extension to the base of the actual ponytail, inserting the “teeth” of the extension right in front of the hair tie.
6. Secure the lower portion of the hair tie with as many bobby pins as needed.
7. Enjoy your gorgeous hair!