Salon: A Heavenly Place in Hair
Stylist: Shae Thompson
Make Up: Lori Miles
Medium brown and dark brown hair has a lot of depth to it. Adding streaks of color with subtle or even bold highlights, will give brown hair a multi-dimensional appearance for African-American women. This medium length brown hair style, is not too short and not too long. Shae Thompson, of A Heavenly Place in Hair, master stylist and cosmetologists to the stars, created this style. She states that this elegant hair length falls perfectly, with a softened look beneath thick waves, that fall with sophisticated grace.
First, we start with a simple tip in adding highlights:
• A mixing bowl• Off the shelf highlighting hair crème or henna kit• A larger tint brush for mixing the color• Plastic gloves
1. Start with dry hair, then use your creme hair color brand named product.
2. Mix the developer with the color crème.
3. Paint a few thin highlight streaks down from the roots to the ends of the hair.
4. Thinly brush highlights around the sides and the back of the hair. Don’t worry about perfect spacing the streaks, because highlights are just cool in any fashion.
5. Leave the highlighting color on, according to instructions.
6. Rinse, shampoo, and condition.
Styling Your Hair
1. Blow dry your hair to remove most of the moisture out of it.
2. Use a paddle brush to help make your hair smooth.
3. Using your blow dryer and your brush, blow dry small sections of hair beginning near the neck.
4. Part your hair with a middle section and continue drying until hair is dry.
5. Use a 1 ¼ inch flat iron and bevel hair on the sides and back, away from the face. Keep in mind when you start curling this style to only curl the bottom half of the hair strand.
For the top and sides, of your straight hair, put a small amount of hair serum in your hands, rub, and pull through the end curls to break them up and give them a loose look. Master hair stylist, Shea says, yes, for added hold, you can spray the curls with a light holding hairspray or a textured spray.
If you are not confident in your own DIY hairstyling methods and you need a fabulous hair salon treatment, like adding hair extensions, visit or call Shae Thompson in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida for your customized style. Call her for an appointment, at (850) 243-2297.