Lace frontal wigs are a major part of the fashion scene in Black America today. The looks are popular because of the versatility they offer, as well as the number of celebrities who utilize them. Superstars like Ciara and Jennifer Lopez have been known to sport lace frontal wigs from time to time. Lace frontal wigs are also a great protective hairstyle when they are installed properly. Professional hairstylist Ashley Sellers from Wave Links Hair Studio Inc. in Fayetteville, NC went all out to create the long curly lace frontal wig you see in these images. We decided to sit down and pick Ashley’s brain. We wanted to get some professional secrets to make your lace frontal wig look spectacular. Here are a few pointers Ashley turned us on to.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
01. Use 100% Human Hair for Your Long Curly Lace Frontal Wig
Human hair gives you much more versatility during the styling process. While many people may choose to use synthetic hair because of its economic advantage, Ashley insists that if you want to get the perfect look with your long curly lace frontal wig, 100% human hair is the way to go. Ashley points out that human hair will last longer, and it can be styled in many different ways. This gives you the ability to change up your look by adding curls or pulling the wig into an updo. It would be almost impossible to alter your look using synthetic hair. Most likely, synthetic hair wouldn’t last nearly as long as human hair also. Ashley says that human hair forms the foundation of wig installs she creates that last for prolonged periods of time.
02. Use the Right Amount of Tension to Secure the Hair
One of the main ways lace frontal wigs get a bad reputation is because of improper installation techniques. Ashley says that ”Many people make the mistake of thinking you can apply these wigs on everyone the same way. That’s simply not true.” Each installation has to be customized for the individual wearing the wig. Everyone’s hair is different and in different stages of good health. Before Ashley began her install process on this long curly lace frontal wig, she thoroughly examined her model’s hair and scalp. She is looking for the right amount of tension needed to secure the wig.
When you make the mistake of using the wrong tension on your install, you could end up with problems. The first is that they could use too little tension and the wig falls off at the most inopportune time. The second and definitely more dangerous problem is that they use too much tension which could lead to scalp damage and hair loss.
03. Secure Your Long Curly Lace Frontal Wig With Proper Glue and/or an Elastic Band
As we have seen In the headlines lately, it’s not a good idea to use just any type of adhesive to secure your wig. Professional hairstylists like Ashley Sellers from Wave Links Hair Studio Inc. in Fayetteville, NC will always use a professional wig adhesive designed specifically for that purpose. Ashley goes one step further and checks to ensure that her clients do no have an allergic reaction to the type of wig adhesive she uses. Ashley will also use an elastic band to help secure the wig to her client’s head.
04. Prepare Your Hair for Growth
One of the greatest attributes of a lace frontal wig is its ability to protect your own hair. When installed correctly, lace frontal wigs form a barrier that protects your hair from the harsh elements of everyday life. They also give your hair a break from the heat and chemicals that come with a daily styling routine. Professional hairstylists will go one step further and create an atmosphere under your wig that will encourage hair growth.
Before Ashley applied this long curly lace frontal wig, she gave her model a deep conditioning shampoo service. This shampoo and conditioner infused moisture and essential nutrients into her model’s hair and removed any residue and debris also. Ashley also used a setting lotion to mold her model’s own hair underneath the long curly lace frontal wig she created. This way, while the model is out and about, sporting her new long curly lace frontal wig, her own hair is tucked safely underneath, away from the environment.
05. Maintain Your Long Curly Lace Frontal Wig at Home
The next thing you want to do is ensure that you can keep your long curly lace frontal wig looking “salon fresh” at home. When Ashley Sellers designed this look, she made sure to create an at-home maintenance routine that would be easy for her model to follow. To keep this hairstyle looking tight the model simply need to twist the hair down at night and use a silk scarf or bonnet to tie around the frontal area. In the mornings, simply remove the scarf and fluff the hair. She’s good to go. Ashley also made it easy for her model to add more curls or even put the hair into an updo if she wanted.
06. Use the Services of a Professional Hairstylist
As you can see from many of the steps we listed earlier, the benefits of using a professional hairstylist to install your unit are immeasurable. From the amount of tension used, to the type of adhesive, you want your long curly lace frontal wig to be unique and designed to your specifications. To do this, you need someone who understands what it takes to create your perfect style within the framework of your healthy hair requirements. Your hair is specific to you and you need a professional that understands your hair to create the perfect look for you.
Lace frontal wigs are more popular now than ever. Ashley Sellers designed this long curly lace frontal wig to be beautiful, versatile, and to protect the model’s own hair. To create a stunning look for her model Ashley utilized 6 steps that would help this hairstyle stand out. Ashley used 100% human hair, chose the right amount of tension during the installation, secured the wig with a special glue and elastic band, created an atmosphere for hair growth underneath the wig, and gave her model an at-home maintenance routine.
- Check Out the Hottest Hair Colors for Black Women
- Over 700 Curly Hairstyles for Black Women to Choose From
- Over 800 Short Hairstyles
If you would love the opportunity to sport one of Ashley’s signature wig installations, give her a call at (910) 864-8777. You can also stop by Wave Links Hair Studio Inc., located at 5114 Yadkin Rd., Suite 105 in Fayetteville, NC.
6 Secrets to Make Your Lace Frontal Wig Look Amazing
These salon secrets will have your lace frontal wig looking amazing.
- Use 100% Human Hair for Your Lace Frontal Wig
Human hair gives you much more versatility during the styling process.
- Use the Right Amount of Tension to Secure the Hair
To much tension could lead to scalp damage or hair loss.
- Secure Your Long Curly Lace Front Wig With Proper Glue and/or an Elastic Band
As we have seen In the headlines lately, it’s not a good idea to use just any type of adhesive to secure your wig.
- Prepare Your Hair for Growth
When installed correctly, lace front wigs form a barrier that protects your hair from the harsh elements of everyday life.
- Maintain Your Long Curly Lace Front Wig at Home
To keep this hairstyle looking tight the model simply need to twist the hair down at night and use a silk scarf or bonnet to tie around the frontal area. In the mornings, simply remove the scarf and fluff the hair.
- Use the Services of a Professional Hairstylist
The benefits of using a professional hairstylist to install your unit is immeasurable.
- Protective Hairstyles for Kids? It’s Easy if You Do It SmartHere are some creative ways to make protective hairstyles for kids fun and attractive. Colors and versatility topped the list.
- Stunning Short Pixie Cut for Black Women: This Is What Professionals DoThis short pixie cut for black women is in high demand because of its versatility and style. It is the perfect summer hairstyle.
- Kid’s Knotless Box Braids With Beads Hairstyle Your Child Will LoveYour child will love this kid’s knotless box braids with beads hairstyle. The kids love the beads and moms love the versatility.
- Knowing These 6 Secrets Will Make Your Lace Frontal Wig Look AmazingThe secrets that make this lace frontal wig look amazing are easy to create. We got useful tips from a professional hairstylist.
- Omg! The Best Long Knotless Box Braids Hairstyle for 2021!Long knotless box braids are a great way to protect your hair from your daily environment inside of a great new look.
- You’ll Fall in Love With This Asymmetrical Bob With BangsThis asymmetrical bob with bangs hairstyle features a bold haircut with layers and a custom hair color. The hairstyle is textured throughout.
- One of the Best Natural Hair Color Ideas for African American WomenThis long curly look is one of the hottest natural hair color ideas for African American women. This hairstyle features a custom color.
- Fall in Love With This Two-Strand Twists Black HairstyleTwo-strand twists are an easy way to create an elegant black hairstyle that will look great and add to the health of your hair also.
- Apply These 9 Secret Techniques To Improve Your Side Part Sleek PonytailSide part sleek ponytails are in high demand. That’s because of their easy maintenance and versatility. Long ponytails are always fun.