Some women like their hair pulled out of their faces. It can be easier to handle long hair that’s in an updo hairstyle. This is where a natural locks hairstyle for black women comes into play. Black women can have very thick hair when it is all-natural. Even if one has a weave, wearing it down every day can be tiresome. This model is showing that a woman can pull off natural locks very easily. This complex style is for someone who is busy. This person doesn’t want to have to spend a lot of time on one’s hair in the morning.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Intricate Natural Locks Updo
There are two side locks that conjoin in this style. The one lock is the only one that you see in the front. Then you see the other one come out from the side. Eventually, they join in the back but still remain separate entities. The look works well with people who have long to medium-length hair. As well, the thickness of the hair should be thick to very thick. If the hair is more sparse but sturdy in diameter, then hair extensions can be added. The look relies on pulling from the scalp through to show a pattern. So in this instance, a person might have to grow out one’s hair until enough hair can be used in the design before adding in extensions.
Use a Silk or Satin Bonnet at Night
When it comes to a look that’s easy to take care of, this look tops the list. It has a lot of character and it is easy to sleep in. A person should always tie in a satin bonnet at the end of the night. Do not use a cotton bonnet because it can pull at the hair and even cause it to tear.
Those who are looking to take care of the hair and prolong the style should use dry shampoo. Generally, an apple cider vinegar dry shampoo can be best because it still helps the hair to retain moisture. This works when on natural locks for black women. However, a person should always do a patch test with apple cider vinegar because not everyone agrees with every product. Apple cider vinegar is good for the hair and is used for treatments in strengthening the hair on its own. Anyone who uses an apple cider product can expect a bit of activation on the scalp as the product works. However if this turns into itching or burning, then a person should discontinue.
- We’ve Got THOUSANDS of Black Hairstyles in Our Galleries
- Check Out Our Wigs Hairstyles
- We Have Over 800 Hairstyles in Our Long Hairstyles Gallery
Makeup Completes the Look
There are many ways of doing one’s makeup when it comes to this look. As you can see in the photos, bold eye color can serve to bring out the eyes. The blue shimmery effect here really works well with the outfit. To know what looks best on you, you can also ask your hairstylist for makeup suggestions. Your stylist at Shear Diva Hair Designz in Fayetteville, NC will be happy to assist in matching colors with your complexion. All hairstylists are also trained in colors and makeup so they can help you to know what will work best for you.
Natural Locks Hairstyles Are Timeless
Women may find that they don’t want short hair, but they have run out of ideas for long hair. This can happen as there are not as many updos and designs for hair out there that there used to be. Most of the time, new styles focus on new cuts. However, not everyone is suited to a dramatic cut. Even if an edgy cut would look good, some women prefer to keep their long locks. Long natural locks do not go out of style. You can get this style done at the salon and find that if you get bored of it, all you have to do is let out your hair. With a cut, a woman will have to wait for it to grow out. This can be a disparaging experience.
A Versatile Hairstyle
There is a lot of freshness involved in this look. If it grows out, it just needs to be retwisted at the salon. The look will match well in the office for a professional yet funky-looking updo. It can also be great on vacation when a woman is just swimming and enjoying one’s life. All in all, it is a great-looking style for a variety of occasions, whether casual or more formal. It can be a stress-free way to keep one’s natural locks without having to be busy every morning doing one’s hair. It can also cut down on the need for constant shampooing and conditioning, which can get expensive and time-consuming. You can give your hair a rest to grow longer without having to do anything dramatic.
- Check Out the Hottest Hair Colors for Black Women
- Over 700 Curly Hairstyles for Black Women to Choose From
- Over 800 Short Hairstyles
Intricate Natural Locks Hairstyle
Anyone who has had long hair knows that it can get a little bit boring to do. If you don’t want to do a ponytail or a bun, then there are not a lot of options for someone without hair training. Your stylist designed this particular set of natural locks with your needs in mind. There was a lot of consideration into what actually would work as well as be something that has never been done before. As you can see, this is a very intricate design. It will work for someone who has the patience to try something that will take some time in the chair to complete. It is suited for someone who is bored with conventional styling and finds that this look really pops out from the rest.
To get this cutting-edge design, then you need to book in with Shear Diva Hair Designz in Fayetteville, NC. You will find that the friendly staff is more than willing to help you get down to business. The pandemic is still a perfect time to come in because the staff is taking extra precautions. Your style will help you feel excited about life again and ready to take on the world. This is exactly the confidence and morale boost that you need at a time like this. You deserve a treat for being such a queen and playing by the rules.
- Elegant Faux Locs for Natural Hair Care by Tish SummersThese faux locs are great idea to add to your natural hair care regimen. This look was created by Fayetteville, NC cosmetologist Tish Summers.
- Long Ponytail Using Interlocking Locs Method from Tish SummersFayetteville hairstylist Tish Summers created this long ponytail using an interlocking locs method. Tish also added jewelry pieces for accents.
- Long Faux Locs Goddess Braids Hairstyle from Tish SummersThis long faux locs goddess braids hairstyle features pink jewelry and accents. The look was created by Tish Summers from Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC
- Beautiful Braided Updo with Hair Color from Tish SummersPeople are always wanting something different for an updo. Braiding can be fun, but sometimes black women feel they may not have a lot of options when it comes to braids hairstyles. For a night out or just something to keep in the hair for a while, a person might want an extravagance. This braided …
- Beautiful Coiled Bun Updo Hairstyle with a Chinese Bang from Tish SummersWhen you’re ready to be the life of the party, you need this coiled bun updo hairstyle with a Chinese bang created by Tish Summers from Shear Diva Designz.
- UniversalSalons.Com Gets 26 Hairstyles in Black Hair MagazinesUniversalSalons.Com gets 26 hairstyles in the largest black hair magazines. We’re featured in Hype Hair and Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide.
- Hot Goddess Locks with a Halo Braid from Tish SummersThese long goddess locks hairstyle with a halo braid and accents were created using faux locks. The look was created by Tish Summers from Shear Div Designs.
- Deep Side Part Ponytail Hairstyle from Tish Summers in Fayetteville, NCThere are events that we all go to where it’s not enough to just look beautiful, we need to be the focal point of the evening. You will surely achieve that goal with this elegant deep side part ponytail hairstyle. This look features 30-inch hair additions with soft, fun curls at the ends. The sleek …
- Grand Goddess Locks Updo Hairstyle by Tish Summers in Fayetteville, NCThe versatility of this goddess locks updo hairstyle is endless. The light auburn hair color rus throughout the look and different accents were added also.