We have found the perfect look for those of you who are new to your locks journey. When the time comes for your retwist, you should definitely consider this intricate locks updo from Tish Summers of Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC. This hairstyle utilizes the model’s natural hair without the need for any type of hair extensions. Tish used a barrel twist technique to bring the hair up into four sections that combined in a u-shaped pattern in the back. To spice things up, even more, Tish gave her model a custom hair color process that compliments the model’s skin tone. This natural locks retwist hairstyle is perfect for anyone starting their locks journey because it’s so versatile, it accentuates the model’s natural features, and this locks hairstyle is very easy to maintain.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
This Natural Locks Retwist Hairstyle Gives You Versatility
Tish Summers, a professional hairstylist from Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC, used the model’s own hair to create this intricate barrel twist design. Tish likes to put her clients on a lock maintenance regimen that includes a retwist service every four to six weeks also. The retwist Tish gave this model is versatile enough to be worn in any situation. This natural locks retwist hairstyle is professional enough for the boardroom and trendy enough for any elegant event. It’s also a great hairstyle for those who work out often. The hair is pulled away from the face and secured in an updo. With this look, you won’t have to worry about destroying your salon-perfect hairstyle while working out at the gym.
Perfect Hairstyle for Those Busy Mornings
Another benefit of this natural locks retwist hairstyle is how easy it makes getting ready in the mornings. This look gives to the ability to look gorgeous in a very short period of time. Your hair is secured in an updo that shouldn’t come apart with proper maintenance. The ability to get-up-and-go is essential for many rising professionals and those in the military. This natural locks retwist hairstyle allows you to manage your day without hardly ever having to worry about your hair being out of place.
Tish Summers Shows off the Model’s Natural Features
Every four to six weeks, on average, Tish has her clients return to the salon for a specialized locks maintenance regimen. Part of this routine is to have their locks retwisted. This Incorporates new growth into the twist and cleans up the partings which may have deteriorated over time. An essential aspect of the retwist procedure is for Tish to create an innovative hairstyle that will compliment her client’s natural features. For the model in these images, Tish pulled the hair away from the face, used geometrical partings, and gave her a custom hair color.
- We’ve Got THOUSANDS of Black Hairstyles in Our Galleries
- Check Out Our Wigs Hairstyles
- We Have Over 800 Hairstyles in Our Long Hairstyles Gallery
Show Off Those Facial Features
Tish wanted to showcase this model’s beautiful and exotic facial features, so she designed these natural locks retwist hairstyle so that her hair moved away from the face. By pulling the hair away from the face, Tish is accentuating her model’s facial features and bone structure. The shoulder-length locks are pulled back in multiple barrel twists that come together in a u-shaped design in the back. The end result is an elegant hairstyle that complements but does not overpower, this model’s natural beauty.
Geometrical Partings Create a Uniform Look
One of the most important aspects of any locks retwist procedure is the way you fine-tune your partings. For many, the definition of a polished locks hairstyle starts with the partings. For this hairstyle, Tish Summers, from Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC decided to go with neat, geometrical partings that form a swirl pattern. The intricate design of the partings adds to the polished look of the natural locks retwist hairstyle while also showcasing the model’s cheekbones.
Custom Burgundy Hair Color and Seashell Accents Create an Atmosphere
Tish went the extra step to make this natural locks retwist hairstyle a one-of-a-kind masterpiece by giving her model a custom burgundy hair color. The color blends in with the model’s natural hair color seamlessly. The finished look creates a burgundy undertone that helps to showcase the intricacies throughout this natural locks retwist hairstyle. Tish also added seashell accents through the hair. These pieces draw the eyes to the design of the updo and the polished geometrical partings.
The barrel curls, geometrical partings, hair color, and accents come together in a glamorous ensemble to create a signature hairstyle for this model from Tish Summers from Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC.
Taking Care of This Natural Locks Retwist Hairstyle at Home
This natural locks retwist hairstyle was created using the model’s own, shoulder-length, natural hair. The hair was pulled up into four barrel twists that come together in a u-shaped formation in the back. One of the reasons so many career-conscious women love a locks updo like this hairstyle is its ease of maintenance. Locks updo hairstyles are very easy to take care of at home.
Simple Daily Routine
Taking care of locks updos at home is really simple. Tish Summers, the professional hairstylist that created this retwist hairstyle, recommends using a silk or satin bonnet every night to help the updo keep its shape and to lock in moisture. Generally, natural hair dries out faster than relaxed hair so proper hydration is essential. Tish suggests using some type of light moisturizer every morning before you start your day. These simple techniques should keep your natural locks retwist hairstyle looking polished and together between your salon visits.
Salon Maintenance Routine is Essential
Tish has all of her locks clients come into the salon on a regular basis for a locks maintenance routine. For new locks, like the model in the images, Tish will set her up for visits every thirty days. This is because the model’s locks are still maturing and will require more attention to keep the hairstyle polished.
When you come in for the locks maintenance service, you will receive a maintenance regimen. It will be customized for your hair type and lifestyle. For this model, Tish gives her a deep cleansing shampoo that will remove any debris and residue that may have settled in the hair. A cleansing shampoo may also take out necessary nutrients so Tish follows the shampoo with a deep conditioning treatment consisting of rosemary, peppermint, and lemongrass oils as well as an avocado compote. All of this is followed by a deep conditioner that will continue to infuse moisture into the hairstyle.
- Check Out the Hottest Hair Colors for Black Women
- Over 700 Curly Hairstyles for Black Women to Choose From
- Over 800 Short Hairstyles
Retwist Helps the Locks Mature Properly
The maintenance routine is completed with a retwist and style of the locks. The style is important because it not only creates an elegant look for the client, it also helps the locks mature as they are going through the budding process. Styling keeps your hair professional and polished as it grows through this phase.
This natural locks retwist hairstyle is perfect for anyone who is new to their locks journey. The hairstyle can be worn anywhere, it highlights your natural features and it’s easy to take care of at home. This look is the custom creation of Tish Summers, a professional hairstylist and locks specialist. Tish is located at Shear Diva Designz, 4804 Ramsey Street, Suite 105, in Fayetteville, NC. Stop by the salon and talk to Tish about growing or maintaining locks. Let her knowledge and professionalism create the perfect locks hairstyle for you. You can also call Tish at (910) 882-1579.
- Savvy, Smart, Sexy, Natural Locks Hairstyle You Need to SeeThis natural locks hairstyle was created with the busy professional in mind. The look is designed to look great and be low maintenance also.
- Salon Secrets to the Perfect Natural Locks Retwist HairstyleNatural locks need to be retwisted at regular intervals. This natural locks retwist hairstyle accentuates the model’s facial features.
- Best Barrel Twist Locks Updo Hairstyle You Will See This YearBarrel twist locks updo hairstyles are a great way to spice up your daily locks hairstyle. This updo is also a perfect reconstructive style.
- Fall in Love With This Long Natural Hair Locks HairstyleThis beautiful natural hair locks hairstyle features the model’s own hair. This hairstyle is a result of a healthy maintenance routine.
- Apply These 5 Secret Techniques To Improve Your Locks Updo HairstyleWe dig deep into the artistry of locks with professional hairstylist Tish Summers looking for secrets to improve your locks updo hairstyle.
- Fall in Love With This Funky Barrel Twist Loc Updo HairstyleThis barrel twist loc updo hairstyle features a chignon bun and green color accents. This is a great style for mature locs.
- The Secret to a Sexy, Smart, Savvy Men’s Locs HairstyleThis men’s locs hairstyle is perfect for everyday wear or an elegant function. The locs look intricate while presenting a fun atmosphere.
- Revolutionize Your Style With These Chocolate Ombre Goddess LocsThese chocolate ombre goddess locs feature three shades of brown and caramel. The locs were hand made by Tish Summers in Fayetteville, NC.
- How to Make Your Long Goddess Locs Look Like a Million BucksLong goddess locs hairstyles are a beautiful protective hairstyle for Black women. Goddess locs are a tribute to our history.