The natural hair phenomenon has taken over many aspects of the Black hair industry in the last few years. Celebrities like Tracee Ellis Ross and Viola Davis have given this genre new energy with their captivating hairstyles. Black fashionistas are taking things to another level by incorporating freeform locks into their beauty routine. Freeform locks grow naturally without guidance from a loctician. The freeform locks shown in these images were created by Micaela Austin and Gaye Lamar at The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery in Fayetteville, NC. Freeform locks hairstyles like the one featured in these images are low maintenance, creates tons of volume in the hair, and they are not labor-intensive to create.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Stylist: Micaela Austin and Gaye Lamar
Salon: The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery in Fayetteville, NC
Salon Phone: (910) 257-8055
Makeup: Deirdre Clay
Freeform Locks Are Easy to Maintain
Natural freeform locks hairstyles are the go-to look for busy professionals who want a professional look that pays tribute to our heritage also. Taking care of these hairstyles at home is incredibly simple also. Just unwrap your hair, add some hydrating oils and go on about your day. Freeform locks like the ones in the images on this page are perfect for maturing locks up to 16 months.
Creating This Freeform Locks Hairstyle
Micaela Austin and Gaye Lamar at The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery in Fayetteville, NC created this freeform locks hairstyle. To begin, they started with a shampoo and semi-permanent hair color process. The hair color is a chestnut tone also. To achieve this color Micaela and Gaye had to lift the model’s hair beforehand. Bronze tones share a special place in the model’s heart. Permanent colors are not as vibrant as semi-permanent colors. A hot oil treatment and an herbal rinse followed. The locks were then Nuwbn rolled, which takes the lock and places it through its own root. The lock is then molded into place also.
Introducing Micaela Austin and Gaye Lamar at The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery in Fayetteville, NC
Micaela and Gaye are two of the dynamic team members located at The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery, 5945 Cliffdale Rd. in Fayetteville, NC. These talented individuals are master locticians with years of experience in the black hairstyles industry also. Stop by the salon or give them a call at (910) 868-5891 and let Micaela and Gaye guide you through your locks journey.
- 30 Best Black Hairstyles for Natural HairFrom traditional locks and twists to vibrant rainbow-colored brush cuts, these Black hairstyles for natural hair are the best this year.
- You’ll Want to See This Colorful Razor Cut Bob for Black WomenThis razor cut bob for Black women features a bold color combination and diagonal forward lines. The look is elegant and easy to maintain.
- The Best Coils With Comb Hairstyle You’ll See This YearThis coils with comb hairstyle mimics the look of starter locks without the committment. The sides are tightened to the scalp and braided.
- Fall in Love With This Natural Rainbow Locks HairstyleWho says natural hairstyles can’t be fun? This natural rainbow locks hairstyle features a custom hair color and double strand twists.
- Stunning Natural Nubian Locks Updo You’ll Fall in Love WithThis natural nubian locks updo hairstyle features a french lace in the back and soft petal curls in the top. A hair color was added also.