The talented artists at The Locks House in Fayetteville, NC created this elegant natural Nubian locks updo hairstyle. Airaina Griffith is a nationally recognized professional hairstylist specializing in natural hairstyles. This look features copper-brown highlights and lowlights over a French lace updo technique. Airaina created soft petal curls in the top and added some locks jewelry to the front and back as accent pieces. This natural Nubian locks updo is the perfect hairstyle for a busy professional who needs a polished look without a lot of upkeep.
Stylist: Airaina Griffith
Salon: The Locks House, Natural Hair Gallery in Fayetteville, NC
Salon Phone: (910) 257-8055
Makeup: Deirdre Clay
Natural Nubian Locks Updo With Petal Curls
The first thing you notice about this updo hairstyle is the soft petal curls framing the top of the hair. Petal curls create an artistic contrast to the uniform lines of the hairstyle partings. The petal curls are the perfect ensemble to the intricate French lace technique that runs up the back also. To top off this natural Nubian locks updo, Airaina added some locks jewelry, one in the front and one in the back, as accent pieces also. The locks’ jewelry adds a touch of elegance to the updo and creates a conversation piece as well.
Add an Earth Tone Hair Color
This hairstyle also features a custom hair color process with copper-brown highlights and lowlights. Airaina used permanent hair colors to get the perfect shade for her model. After Airaina lifted the hair, she started adding color midway up the strand. Removing pigment on locks can be tricky. Your hairstylist should monitor this process closely to prevent breakage also.
Maintaining Your Natural Nubian Locks Updo
Locks should be kept in good repair by routine hair shaping. This includes cutting any dead ends also. Determining how often the hair is trimmed or shaped depends on the individual and the thickness of the locks. This is not a one-size-fits-all situation and you should only rely on the services of a professional hairstylist to keep your locks growing and healthy. Airaina Griffith is one of the best in the business. Let the talented staff at the Locks House, 3308 Bragg Blvd., Suite – 237A in Fayetteville, NC, guide you through your locks journey.
- Best 11 Quick Weave Hairstyles Ideas for Summer 2021Quick weave hairstyles are attractive, easy to maintain, and protect your hair also. These black hairstyles give you the best of both worlds.
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Black Hairstyles for 2021Our style editors combed through our vault and picked the ultimate guide to black hairstyles for 2020 & 2021.
- 8 of the Hottest Natural Hairstyles in 2021We asked natural hairstyle icon Kandice Strong from kandiekurls.com to help us find the hottest natural hairstyles in 2021.
- Over 50 Black Hairstyles for Little Girls You Need to SeeWe have one of the largest gallaries of black hairstyles for little girls on the web. These are more than 50 of the best black hairstyles for little girls
- 30 Awesome Hair Color Ideas for Black WomenThese new black hairstyles for women are all about vibrant color. This is achieved with innovative hair color techniques that are available at your favorite professional hair salons.
- 35 Perfect Pixie Haircuts for Black Women in 2021 You Need to See!!!Pixie hairstyles command attention. We’ve looked through thousands of images to find these 35 short pixie haircuts for black women in 2020.
- 20 Hottest Shoulder Length Bob Hairstyles for Black WomenBod hairstyles are beautiful and always trendsetting. Shoulder length bob hairstyles are always a sensible choice for any time of year. This is one of the hairstyles for black women that is easy to style. It is also classy looking. Many women in their 30’s get bobs because of their sophistication and easy manageability. This …