Black women often want long, natural hair. However, it can feel daunting to even start. A person can grow one’s hair out though. It will take a maintenance regime and the right professional hairstylist to guide the way. That’s why Tish Summers from Shear Diva Hair Designz is a natural choice when you’re looking to grow out your hair. She works at Shear Diva Hair Designz in Fayetteville, NC. One of Tish’s major goals is to support women in their journey to natural hair locks growth.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Hair Locks Promote Healthy Hair Growth
Surprisingly, all of the hair locks on the model are from her own hair. It may seem impossible, but the model started out with no hair 13 years ago. She went to Tish Summers and got on a regime. These natural hair locks are the perfect way to celebrate your hair growth at the end of your hair locks journey. You will look stylish and of course, you will have people asking you what you do to your hair at the end of the day.
It is no surprise that people are happy about their hair growth. It makes it easy to do a natural block hairstyle with all of your natural hair like the model. The model keeps a regular maintenance program that has led her to the end of the journey. This entailed special shampoos as well as conditioning.
Lemongrass, Rosemary, and Peppermint Oil
The deep conditioning has the active ingredients of lemongrass, rosemary, and peppermint oil. The rosemary and peppermint actually stimulate the follicles as well as act as an antisceptic. This antisceptic effect cleans the area and then allows for saturation of the product into the scalp and hair. Additionally, these oils alleviate the itching that can happen with natural hair locks styles. The lemongrass helps to accentuate the work of the oils and soothe.
Regular Maintenance is Important
When the model goes to the salon, the stylist does a detox treatment and then a regular maintenance twist in blocked part sectioning. This helps to maintain the natural hair locks style’s longevity. There are jumbo two-strand twists that show off her elongated hair. Then, the updo is a combo of the two-strand twists into a nice coif on the top of her head to accentuate her cheekbones. You can have the same style if you book in with Tish or be on the way to this style.
Tish recommends that a person growing out their natural hair locks should come in every 31 to 41 days. When in the salon, the client will get a clarifying shampoo with an avocado compote. Then they’re getting a deep conditioning treatment (unless they’re allergic). Afterward, Tish will apply an almond butter moisture lock depending on one’s need for moisture. There is room for customization in this approach, however, the protocol has worked for others before such as the model.
Scalp Treatments Invigorate Growth
This particular model does a scalp treatment to keep her hair nice and fresh. She also utilizes a dry shampoo with an apple cider vinegar base which helps to cut down on dryness. When the model sleeps at night, she ties her hair up in a nice satin bonnet. Tish stresses that you should not do cotton because the friction will break the hair and will mess up the hair a lot faster.
Great Natural Hair Locks Style for Everyone
Once again, even if your hair isn’t this long, you can still get a modified version of the style. Even medium length hair will make a nice result. However, if your goal is to get the long hair that you see in the photo, then Tish can help put you on the path to achieving your goals of thick, luscious locks.
All in all, a person doesn’t need to do anything more than have the right stylist and the right products to maximize hair growth and length. A maintenance visit approximately every month can do wonders for the hair. This will help to ensure that a person will get the most out of the prescribed treatment plan. You can look radiant and get the hair locks with the updo whenever you are ready. Tish and her team are standing by to take any and all inquiries and bookings. She would love to do the same style on you and help you with your maintenance. The key to long hair is regular trims and the right products.
- Savvy, Smart, Sexy, Natural Locks Hairstyle You Need to SeeThis natural locks hairstyle was created with the busy professional in mind. The look is designed to look great and be low maintenance also.
- Salon Secrets to the Perfect Natural Locks Retwist HairstyleNatural locks need to be retwisted at regular intervals. This natural locks retwist hairstyle accentuates the model’s facial features.
- Best Barrel Twist Locks Updo Hairstyle You Will See This YearBarrel twist locks updo hairstyles are a great way to spice up your daily locks hairstyle. This updo is also a perfect reconstructive style.
- Fall in Love With This Long Natural Hair Locks HairstyleThis beautiful natural hair locks hairstyle features the model’s own hair. This hairstyle is a result of a healthy maintenance routine.
- Apply These 5 Secret Techniques To Improve Your Locks Updo HairstyleWe dig deep into the artistry of locks with professional hairstylist Tish Summers looking for secrets to improve your locks updo hairstyle.
- Fall in Love With This Funky Barrel Twist Loc Updo HairstyleThis barrel twist loc updo hairstyle features a chignon bun and green color accents. This is a great style for mature locs.
- The Secret to a Sexy, Smart, Savvy Men’s Locs HairstyleThis men’s locs hairstyle is perfect for everyday wear or an elegant function. The locs look intricate while presenting a fun atmosphere.
- Revolutionize Your Style With These Chocolate Ombre Goddess LocsThese chocolate ombre goddess locs feature three shades of brown and caramel. The locs were hand made by Tish Summers in Fayetteville, NC.
- How to Make Your Long Goddess Locs Look Like a Million BucksLong goddess locs hairstyles are a beautiful protective hairstyle for Black women. Goddess locs are a tribute to our history.