Have you seen men with locs walking by admired how they got such an amazing, twisted hairstyle? Locs are among the most fashionable and popular hairstyles for men today. Also referred to as dreadlocks, or locks, locs characterize an independent, free and bohemian lifestyle but you should not let the stereotype stop you from rocking locs hairstyles. You probably love short locs as your hair is still short. For men with short hair, short locs or mini dreads are the early stages of hair dreading and makes it easier to grow full locks later on.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
An Exciting Men’s Locs Hairstyle
With so many short hair dreadlock styles, this men’s locs hairstyle is one of the trending and coolest types of locks that you need to look out for. The look was created by Tish Summers, a professional hairstylist located at Shear Diva Designz in Fayetteville, NC. Here is an exclusive preview of the men’s locs short hair look.
After coming across so many different styles, let’s take a breath and appreciate this men’s locs hairstyle that has short locs in their natural glory. Without any fading, undercuts, ponytails, or man buns, the free and short locs look absolutely breathtaking. Tish Summers gives you a simple and cool look while also making a powerful statement. This is a classic lock hairstyle for men that can even be braided to give more depth and texture. This men’s locs is a perfect style for the beginning of your locs journey. The locs are not fully matured. They are still in the bonding process which gives them a variety of styling options in the beginning stages.
Short Curly Locs Look Good Anywhere
This style features classic short sized curly locs with a parting of the twists in any direction. This men’s locs hairstyle is designed for everyday wear and will look great in any situation. Tish Summers from Shear Diva Designz created this hairstyle for men who want to look exceptional and stand out from the crowd. I know during the workdays you do not want to wake up every morning to start styling your hair, so try this short dreadlocks style and get a little more sleep.
Intricate Yet Laid Back Men’s Locs Hairstyle
Whether you have short natural hair or a little longer hair, this is the perfect deadlocking hairstyle that is a must-try for you to give you uniqueness and make you stand out from the rest. In the mood of a slight color change, this style can blend dark brown with accents of light brown. The tone will complement the color of your skin stunningly making the medium-sized locs look elegant and chic. This style seems complex and intricate while giving off a carefree feeling at the same time.
Keeping the Hair and Scalp Healthy is a Must
When starting to create the locs, the first step is ensuing your scalp is healthy. Tish Summers always gives her men’s locs clients a specialized regimen to keep their hair healthy. With locs, you want to make sure you do routine haircare maintenance with products that work for you and your hair. This men’s locs hairstyle is done using a water logging technique which allows for faster hair locking. This technique involves a steaming treatment. Hair steaming is important as it helps in moisturizing your hair leaving the locs well hydrated. The moisture also promotes blood flow to the hair follicles encouraging healthy hair growth. The steam also lifts the hair cuticle allowing the hair treatments to infiltrate deeply into the hair shaft and heal the damaged strands.
Men’s Locs Haircare Regimen
To eliminate the excessive dryness on the hair during start-up, your professional hairstylist uses an apple cider vinegar compound which also helps as a defense against any dandruff. Your hair is always being exposed to elements which often leads to brittle and dry locs over time which can increase breakage. Additionally, many people have scalp eczema hence your professional hairstylist ensures they use skincare products that will eliminate the problem. By taking time to steam, your locs will be well moisturized and soft.
This is an excellent men’s locs hairstyle for short natural hair to slightly longer hair. This men’s locs hairstyle is not just stylish and incredibly designed, but also very practical for any man. It works perfectly with any texture of hair. The best thing about having these men’s locs is that it saves you a ton of time as you don’t have to do a thing to it. You will wake up each morning looking fabulous and people out there will definitely love your look. Don’t let this trendy style pass without experiencing the magical look that this hairstyle brings. Visit Tish Summers at Shear Diva Designz today. The salon is located at 4808 Ramsey Street, Suite-104 in Fayetteville, NC. Let Tish create an intricate men’s locs hairstyle for your next special event, date night, or any day when you get up feeling like a king.
- Savvy, Smart, Sexy, Natural Locks Hairstyle You Need to SeeThis natural locks hairstyle was created with the busy professional in mind. The look is designed to look great and be low maintenance also.
- Salon Secrets to the Perfect Natural Locks Retwist HairstyleNatural locks need to be retwisted at regular intervals. This natural locks retwist hairstyle accentuates the model’s facial features.
- Best Barrel Twist Locks Updo Hairstyle You Will See This YearBarrel twist locks updo hairstyles are a great way to spice up your daily locks hairstyle. This updo is also a perfect reconstructive style.
- Fall in Love With This Long Natural Hair Locks HairstyleThis beautiful natural hair locks hairstyle features the model’s own hair. This hairstyle is a result of a healthy maintenance routine.
- Apply These 5 Secret Techniques To Improve Your Locks Updo HairstyleWe dig deep into the artistry of locks with professional hairstylist Tish Summers looking for secrets to improve your locks updo hairstyle.
- Fall in Love With This Funky Barrel Twist Loc Updo HairstyleThis barrel twist loc updo hairstyle features a chignon bun and green color accents. This is a great style for mature locs.
- The Secret to a Sexy, Smart, Savvy Men’s Locs HairstyleThis men’s locs hairstyle is perfect for everyday wear or an elegant function. The locs look intricate while presenting a fun atmosphere.
- Revolutionize Your Style With These Chocolate Ombre Goddess LocsThese chocolate ombre goddess locs feature three shades of brown and caramel. The locs were hand made by Tish Summers in Fayetteville, NC.
- How to Make Your Long Goddess Locs Look Like a Million BucksLong goddess locs hairstyles are a beautiful protective hairstyle for Black women. Goddess locs are a tribute to our history.