Black fashion has always cherished its relationship with high-quality, custom wigs. These units, (as they’re called in the industry) are not the generic head toppers you see at your local Walmart. Black hairstylists today have created a whole new genre of exciting, functional, easy to maintain wigs customized to their client’s criteria also. The professional hair salons in the Black hair industry are constantly pushing the boundaries of custom wig design to create pieces that are created with higher quality, that protect the client’s own hair, all while creating a stunning appearance. A perfect example of this new emergence in wig design is this customized 4×4 lace closure wig created by Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
4×4 Lace Closure Wig That’s Made the Right Way
Marcus Doss took every step to ensure that this 4×4 lace closure wig would be created with the finest products and professional techniques also. From the type of hair used to create the wig, to the size of the lace used, to the techniques used to create the soft bouncy curls, Marcus Doss made sure he went first class all the way.
Marcus Doss Mane Selection Hair Collection
The hair comes from Marcus’ own hair line. The 100% human hair used to create this wig can be found in the Marcus Doss Mane Selection Hair Collection. Marcus explains that in the past he was having issues with some hair lines that did not offer a consistent product. The hair additions would not consistently reach Marcus’ high standards. Marcus was determined to give his clients custom-made wigs that were consistently created with the best quality. That’s what led him to create his own hair line.
- We’ve Got THOUSANDS of Black Hairstyles in Our Galleries
- Check Out Our Wigs Hairstyles
- We Have Over 800 Hairstyles in Our Long Hairstyles Gallery
4×4 Lace Creates a Smaller Closure Space
Marcus insisted on using a 4×4 closure on this wig. The term 4×4 refers to the size of the mesh that the human hair is attached to when creating the wig. In this case, the mesh is 4 inches wide and 4 inches deep. The lace is also used to give the illusion of a natural hairline. 4×4 closures are smaller than a 5×5 lace closure and they don’t create ear to ear coverage. This is actually a good thing since the smaller closure space means there is not as much parting space also. The smaller lace makes it easier for the model to maintain the wig and change it up at home. Once the 4×4 lace closure wig is created, it is attached to the scalp with elastic bands and a special adhesive.
Professional Techniques Create a Natural Look
Marcus Doss used his technical skills and his artistic eye to create a stunning 4×4 lace closure wig that is easy to maintain and gives his client plenty of styling options at home. Marcus added a new level of elegance to this hairstyle by giving this look some soft, bouncy curls. The curls were created using a flat iron technique followed by pin curls. Once the curl pattern was set, Marcus went in a pulled each curl apart to create the wavy effect you see in the images. The curls add movement to the hairstyle. They playfully bounce on the model’s shoulders as she walks by and they effortlessly fall right back into place whenever she stops. The curls add a beautiful finishing touch to a gorgeous ensemble.
This 4×4 Lace Closure Wig is a Protective Hairstyle
To be considered a protective hairstyle, this 4×4 lace closure wig must be able to assist in the growth and healthy maintenance of the client’s own hair. The wig itself is only part of the reason this hairstyle is considered a protective hairstyle. The features that actually make this a protective style are located under the wig itself. Underneath the wig is an elaborate eco system designed to encourage healthy hair growth while this 4×4 lace closure is worn. The wig itself simply creates a barrier that protects the model’s own hair from the harsh environments of our everyday life.
Creates the Atmosphere for Healthy Hair
Before this 4×4 lace closure wig was applied, Marcus Doss gave her a thorough, hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Marcus followed that up by flat ironing the model’s hair. Then he braided it down so it would lay underneath the wig. He also gave his model a coconut milk leave-in conditioner. The conditioner will keep her hair hydrated and nourished before applying the wig. Keeping your hair hydrated is very important, especially if you have natural hair. These steps make it so that the model won’t need to remove the wig at home.
Keeps the Heat and Elements Away From Your Hair
This 4×4 lace closure wig is also considered a protective hairstyle. It also keeps you from constantly using heat and harsh chemicals on your own hair. Think of it as the wig giving your own hair a little mini vacation. While the wig is dealing with the daily curl patterns created by heat, the wind and elements of the outside, and the smoke and dust of your regular work environment, your own hair is safely relaxing in the perfect growth environment underneath.
- Check Out the Hottest Hair Colors for Black Women
- Over 700 Curly Hairstyles for Black Women to Choose From
- Over 800 Short Hairstyles
An Elegant and Versatile Hairstyle
It’s easy to see why this 4×4 lace closure wig is in such high demand. When done correctly, it is virtually impossible to distinguish whether this is a wig or the model’s own hair. The 100% human hair is perfect for this look also. It gives the model the ability to change up the hairstyle by applying heat to the curl pattern. The long, bouncy curls can be pinned up at night and simply pulled apart during the day. The wig gives this model an easily managed hairstyle. It won’t take up most of her mornings to get that perfect look.
Change Up This Hairstyle With Ease
This wig is designed to grab attention in any social setting or work environment. The quality of the hair gives you the ability to wear it up or down also. You can even change up the curl pattern if you wish. It’s just another perfect look from Marcus Doss at Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC. Give Marcus a call at (910) 483-3870 or stop by the salon located at 203 Southern Ave.
Taking Care of This Look at Home
Marcus designed this hairstyle to be incredibly easy to take care of at home also. To keep the curls, the model simply needs to pin curl her hair at night. She should also wrap her hair with a silk or satin bonnet. In the mornings, she can just pull her hair apart with her fingers. She should use a light gloss spray for shine also. In no time, she can be off and about her busy day.
The Perfect Combination of Spice, Protective Qualities, and Easy Maintenance
Marcus Doss thought of everything with this 4×4 lace closure. He used top-of-the-line products and techniques to create the wig. He was so concerned about quality that he created his own hair line in order to ensure he always had consistent results. Marcus used his professional knowledge and techniques to create the perfect environment for hair growth underneath the wig installation. He also used is artistic eye to design a stunning, long flowing hairstyle with bouncy curls that the model can change up any way she likes. This is another great example of why Marcus Doss’ services as a professional hairstylist are in such high demand.
- What Wig? Marcus Doss Creates The Ultimate 4×4 Lace Closure UnitThis long flowing hairstyle is actually a 4×4 lace closure wig. It is a low maintenance look that functions as a protective hairstyle also.
- Lace Front Wig: Expert Advice and World Class SecretsThis lace front wig is a handmade unit from one of the best in the business, Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC.
- Bring Out Your All-Star Glam With This Curly Sew-in HairstyleThis curly sew-in hairstyle is fun and flirty and a protective hairstyle also. The style features tight curly hair additions.
- Ask the Expert: Can Sew-in Weave Hairstyles Grow Your HairOne of the biggest debates in the Black hair industry is whether sew-in weave hairstyles help or hurt your hair growth. We asked an expert.
- Natural Tight Curly Hairstyle from Marcus Doss in Fayetteville, NCNatural Tight Curl Hairstyle from Marcus Doss An elegant, curly, black hairstyle created without the use of chemicals by Fayetteville, NC cosmetologist Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon.
- Long, Custom Made Full-Frontal Unit from Marcus DossThis long, custom made full-frontal hairstyle was hand made by celebrity hairstylist Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC
- Long Body Wave Hairstyle for 2019 from Marcus DossThis long body wave hairstyle features a middle part leave out. The look was created by Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC
- 35 Perfect Pixie Haircuts for Black Women in 2020 You Need to See!!!Pixie hairstyles command attention. We’ve looked through thousands of images to find these 35 short pixie haircuts for black women in 2020.
- 20 Hottest Shoulder Length Bob Hairstyles for Black Women in 2020Bod hairstyles are beautiful and always trendsetting. Shoulder length bob hairstyles are always a sensible choice for any time of year. This is one of the hairstyles for black women that is easy to style. It is also classy looking. Many women in their 30’s get bobs because of their sophistication and easy manageability. This …