There are few things as beautiful as watching a confident Black sister walk down the street with a crown full of bouncy curls. They seem to accentuate her every move and when she stops, they effortlessly fall fight back into place. Marcus Doss, a premier professional hairstylist from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC created just such a look with the curly sew-in hairstyle you see in these images.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Elegant Curly Sew-In Hairstyle
This timeless Black hairstyle features tight curls that define the model’s movement. This is a perfect hairstyle for any attire. This hairstyle would be right at home commanding high level meetings in corporate America or blazing the red carpet for an opening night premiere. The curls are designed to catch an onlooker’s eye in subtle ways. This curly sew-in in soft enough for everyday life, yet bold enough to accent any high fashion ensemble.
This Style Protects and Stimulates Hair Growth
Another great aspect of this curly sew-in hairstyle is it’s ability to create a perfect environment underneath for the model’s own hair to grow and flourish, away from the dangers of her daily environment. This hairstyle is considered to be a “protective” style because it can be used to aid the model’s won hair growth. For this to happen, professional hairstylist Marcus Doss used some advanced techniques to create a healthy hair environment underneath the model’s hair additions.
Preparing Your Hair for the Process Is the Most Important Part
Marcus Doss will tell you that the preparation that goes into styles like this curly sew-in is by far, the most important step. The model in the images has grown her own hair to the middle of her back using this process. “Without creating a healthy environment for hair growth underneath the hair additions, you could cause more than a little trouble for your client”, Marcus says. If your own hair and scalp aren’t prepared properly, you could face issues with scalp alopecia and even hair loss.
Marcus starts his model’s off with a thorough one-on-one consultation that includes an in-depth analysis of the model’s current hair condition. He follows that with either deep conditioning, fortifying, hydrating, or cleansing shampoo and conditioner. This will ensure that the model’s hair is infused with the proper nutrients and moisture needed to create a healthy hair growth environment. Marcus also gave his model a precision trim and flat iron process before the sew-in process began. Removing split ends is vital to ensure the hair doesn’t continue to split during the growing process. Afterward, Marcus braided his model’s hair down so that it would lay underneath the hair additions he was about to apply.
Choosing the Right Hair for a Curly Sew-in
The curls in this curly sew-in hairstyle we pre-packaged in the hair additions Marcus chose to create this look. The hair comes from an exclusive hair line created by Marcus. It’s designed to ensure that he would always have consistent, high-quality results with his sew-in installations. Marcus also chose a color for the hair additions that would precisely match his model’s own hair. This helps to further the illusion that the hair additions are the model’s own hair.
Once the correct hair additions were chosen, Marcus shampooed and conditioned the hair additions. This is done before installing them over the model’s own hair. Once the installation was completed, Marcus used setting lotion to define the curls. He then fluffed the hair additions out to make this look. The end result is a timeless curly sew-in hairstyle created by a master cosmetologist, Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC.
Taking Care of Your Curly Sew-in Hairstyle at Home
Marcus Doss ensured that this curly sew-in hairstyle would be elegant to the eye. It would be healthy for the model’s own hair, and easy to maintain also. To keep these hair additions in shape, Marcus recommends using setting lotion to create two large twists at night. In the mornings, simply pull the twists apart and you’ll have a lovely twist-out hairstyle. You should wrap your hair at night with some type of silk or satin covering to help lock in moisture.
Introducing Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC
This curly sew-in hairstyle was created by professional hairstylist Marcus Doss. He is located at Marcus Doss Salon, 2203 Southern Avenue in Fayetteville, NC. Marcus has earned a reputation as a national leader in the healthy installation of sew-in weave hairstyles. His clientele features numerous individuals who have experienced phenomenal hair growth because of his professional knowledge and techniques. Give Marcus a call today at (910) 483-3870 and let him create a stunning new look for you.
- What Wig? Marcus Doss Creates The Ultimate 4×4 Lace Closure UnitThis long flowing hairstyle is actually a 4×4 lace closure wig. It is a low maintenance look that functions as a protective hairstyle also.
- Lace Front Wig: Expert Advice and World Class SecretsThis lace front wig is a handmade unit from one of the best in the business, Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC.
- Bring Out Your All-Star Glam With This Curly Sew-in HairstyleThis curly sew-in hairstyle is fun and flirty and a protective hairstyle also. The style features tight curly hair additions.
- Ask the Expert: Can Sew-in Weave Hairstyles Grow Your HairOne of the biggest debates in the Black hair industry is whether sew-in weave hairstyles help or hurt your hair growth. We asked an expert.
- Natural Tight Curly Hairstyle from Marcus Doss in Fayetteville, NCNatural Tight Curl Hairstyle from Marcus Doss An elegant, curly, black hairstyle created without the use of chemicals by Fayetteville, NC cosmetologist Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon.
- Long, Custom Made Full-Frontal Unit from Marcus DossThis long, custom made full-frontal hairstyle was hand made by celebrity hairstylist Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC
- Long Body Wave Hairstyle for 2019 from Marcus DossThis long body wave hairstyle features a middle part leave out. The look was created by Marcus Doss from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC
- Lace Wig Hairstyle with Custom Haircut and Color from Sonya SmithThis lace wig is a protective hairstyle that features a custom haircut and color. The look was created by Sonya Smith from Marcus Doss Salon in Fayetteville, NC.
- 35 Perfect Pixie Haircuts for Black Women in 2021 You Need to See!!!Pixie hairstyles command attention. We’ve looked through thousands of images to find these 35 short pixie haircuts for black women in 2020.