There is a certain appeal to beautiful short hairstyles for black women. Short hairstyles invoke the appearance of a take-charge go-getter that knows what they want and how to get it. Short styles take us back to the days when Halle Berry would rock a designer haircut in movies like Boomerang or Swordfish. Halle proved that you could be a major box office draw with short well-coiffed locks. The short hair and bangs hairstyle featured in these images builds on that tradition of beauty. The look features a one-sided layered bob with soft curls throughout. Ursula Kershaw, a professional hairstylist and makeup artist located at The Studio Hair Salon in Charleston, SC created this look, especially for her model. A small amount of commercial hair was added in the front for volume also. Ursula has continued the tradition of stunningly beautiful hairstyles with this short hair and bangs hairstyle.
Salon: The Studio
Stylist: Ursula Kershaw
Makeup: Tierra Nichole
Show-Stopping Short Hair and Bangs Hairstyle
Ursula Kershaw created this short hairstyle by giving her model a precision tapered haircut on the left side of her head. The short length of the left side creates an elegant contrast to the flowing soft curls in the bang area. The haircut was designed by Ursula to not only accentuate her model’s facial features but to accommodate her environment and lifestyle as well. These things are very important when you are choosing the type of short hair and bangs hairstyle you may desire. The wrong angles in the haircut and you could end up highlighting the wrong aspects of your look. This is one reason why you should only trust something as important as your hair to a trusted professional like Ursula Kershaw from The Studio Hair Salon in Charleston, SC.
Create Soft Curls in the Top of This Short Hair and Bangs Style
Ursula incorporated a small amount of commercial hair at the top to add some volume. The hair additions form a base for some elegant soft curls that she ran throughout the hairstyle also. The curls start at the back of the head and get larger and softer as you work your way to the front where we see a large drooping peek-a-boo bang. The soft curl pattern helps to tone down the edginess of the tapered hair on the left side. The soft curs on the right and top, combined with the long bang and the tapered left side create the perfect transition from edgy to soft hair.
Taking Care of This Short Hair and Bangs Style at Home
Maintaining this hairstyle once you leave the salon is as simple as wrapping your hair every night with a silk or satin bonnet and using some type of daily moisturizer in the mornings. Ursula designed this short hair and bangs hairstyle to be beautiful and low maintenance at the same time. With proper maintenance, she says this look should last you about a month.
Introducing Ursula Kershaw from The Studio Hair Salon in Charleston, SC
The black hair industry considers Ursula Kershaw royalty. Her work has graced the faces of many celebrities over the years. Almost every national hair publication you can think of has featured Ursula Kershaw. You can see her attention to detail in the many aspects of this short hair and bangs hairstyle also.
On top of being a professional hairstylist whose work is in high demand, Ursula is also one of the industry’s top makeup artists. She is one of the few individuals known to have reached the pinnacle of her profession in both hair and makeup. Ursula is located at The Studio Hair Salon, located at 5101 Ashley Phosphate Rd., Suite 114 in North Charleston, SC. Feel free to stop by the salon or give them a call at (843) 767-7402. Treating yourself to a service in Ursula Kershaw’s chair is one of life’s pleasures you don’t want to miss.
- 8 of the Hottest Natural Hairstyles in 2020The natural hair movement has been around for quite some time and it’s still going strong. Which means every year we have to come up with more creative and exciting ways to rock our curls. So, in case you need some trend-setting ideas, here are the eight hottest natural hairstyles in 2020. Buzz Cuts There …
- Over 50 Black Hairstyles for Little Girls You Need to SeeWe have one of the largest gallaries of black hairstyles for little girls on the web. These are more than 50 of the best black hairstyles for little girls
- Elegant Short Hair and Bangs from Ursula Kershaw in Charleston, SCThis short hair and bangs style has a tapered side with layers and soft curls in the top. It was created by Ursula Kershaw at The Studio in Charleston, SC.
- Natural Hairstyle with Hair Color from Ursula Kershaw in Charleston, SCNatural Hairstyle with Hair Color from Ursula Kershaw Natural hairstyles are really beautiful with a simple hair color boost to jazz up the look. Check out this style that was created by Ursula Kershaw from The Studio in North Charleston, SC hair salons. Contact them at phone number (843) 364-4049.
- We Did It Again!!! UniversalSalons.Com Gets 23 Models in Hair MagazinesUniversalSalons.Com has 23 hairstyles featured in the October 2019 issues of Hype Hair and Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide hair magazines.
- UniversalSalons.Com Gets 26 Hairstyles in Black Hair MagazinesUniversalSalons.Com gets 26 hairstyles in the largest black hair magazines. We’re featured in Hype Hair and Sophisticate’s Black Hair Styles and Care Guide.
- 35 Perfect Pixie Haircuts for Black Women in 2020 You Need to See!!!Pixie hairstyles command attention. We’ve looked through thousands of images to find these 35 short pixie haircuts for black women in 2020.
- Mid Length Bob Sew In Hairstyle from Ursula KershawAll bobs are not created equal. This mid length bob sew in hairstyle created by Ursula Kershaw is one of the best. A chic yet edgy style such as this, is not easy to pull off, yet, Ursula made it look easy. The secret here is that Ursula has sewn in hair, also. Although this …
- Fun Blonde Curly Hairstyle for Black Women from Ursula KershawBold and beautiful is the only appropriate way to describe this big blonde curly hairstyle for black women made by Ursula Kershaw of The Studio Hair Salon in North Charleston, SC. Feast your eyes on a beautiful blonde look that oozes fun and confidence also. They say blondes have more fun, and this doo looks …