Bob hairstyles have been a staple in the fashion world for quite some time. Divas and fashionistas, (yes there is a difference) have been sporting elegant bob haircuts in the Black community since the 1960s. The cut is timeless and so versatile, it’s easy to change up your look at a moment’s notice. The “perfect” short bob hairstyle has different characteristics depending on your desires. We sat down with professional hairstylist Melyssa McLaughlin from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem to get some insider tips on creating the perfect short quick weave bob for you. Melyssa talks about making the ideal look that will wear well in any environment you might enter. She also talks about ways to keep your hair healthy as you’re wearing this quick weave style. She finishes off by discussing the importance of having a professional hairstylist with a passion for the industry create your new look.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
What Makes this Short Quick Weave Bob Look Perfect?
This hairstyle encompasses the best of both worlds. Bobs are elegant haircuts that never go out of style and quick weaves, when done correctly, are a protective hairstyle that gives your hair a chance to grow in a controlled environment. The continuous innovations to short quick weave bobs by the professional hairstylists in the black community provide this hairstyle with its lasting ability. Every year, professional hairstylists like Melyssa McLaughlin push the envelope to create new and exciting versions of the classic bob that continue to captivate their clients and keep them wanting more.
Bob Hairstyles Denote Confidence
This particular short quick weave bob hairstyle features a sunny copper red hair color and elegant layers. Melyssa added soft curls to help define the layers. The result is a picture-perfect look that will work well for any occasion, whether it’s a night out with girlfriends or at the head of the corporate board room. This bob haircut signifies that she is confident and free to make her own decisions. It’s an up-to-date version of the classic bobs worn by Diana Ross and the Supremes in the 1960s. Even then, black women used bobs to declare to the world that they were in control of their destiny.
- OMG! The Best Black Hairstyles Ever!
- Wow!!! Over 800 Short Hairstyles for Black Women
- Over 100 Bob Hairstyles for Black Women
Add Versatility With a Quick Weave Hairstyle
The quick weave aspect adds another layer of versatility to this short quick weave bob hairstyle. We don’t have to be tied to a particular look for months on end anymore. Quick weaves allow us to be short and sweet with a precision cut on Monday and rock long-flowing curls on Thursday. For the rest of the week, you can rock any hairstyle your heart desires also. Add to that the protective qualities of a quick weave hairstyle, and you really can’t lose.
This Hairstyle Keeps Your Hair Healthy Also
Short quick weave bob hairstyles are popular because they look fantastic and they’re easy to manage. They are also a great way to create a healthy growing environment for your hair. Before Melyssa began this stunning look, she had an in-depth consultation with her model to get a clear picture of her hair’s current condition. Melyssa also listened to her model’s aspirations and concerns concerning the look she wanted. She used the information derived from the consultation to create a healthy hair action plan to give her model a perfect look.
Remember the Moisture
Melyssa started by giving her model a deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner. This removed any residue from the hair and infused moisture. Once the hair was moisturized, Melyssa either braided or molded her model’s hair so that it could lay under the quick weave. These first steps are imperative if you look for rapid hair growth while wearing a short weave hairstyle. Many people make the mistake of not adding any moisture beforehand or using the incorrect type of hair additions. These mistakes can damage your hair rather than helping it grow.
Use 100% Human Hair
This short quick weave bob hairstyle was created using 100% human hair additions. Professional hairstylist Melyssa McLaughlin chose human hair because of the styling versatility it gave her. Human hair additions can be curled, unlike their synthetic counterparts. Human hair keeps its shape better also, so your hairstyle will last longer.
Taking Care of This Short Quick Weave Bob at Home
Quick weave hairstyles are known for being easy to maintain at home. Melyssa recommends her model tie it down in the front at night, so she doesn’t have to curl the front every day. Because Melyssa left some of the model’s hair out in the front, she also suggests using a daily curl wax to help blend the model’s hair with the hair additions. The wax will make it easier for her hair to integrate and lay down perfectly. This way, there is no need for heat every day. Just use the wave curl and shine wax instead.
The Professional Touch Makes All the Difference
Quick weaves and bobs can be tricky. Put them together, and you could have a perfect look or a perfect mess. Professional hairstylists like Melyssa McLaughlin from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem, NC, create a complete environment around your hair that will highlight your natural features, stimulate growth, and look drop-dead gorgeous the whole time. Melyssa has a passion for creating innovative hairstyles for her clients. Her professional techniques and artistic eye are visible in any look that leaves her chair.
Dazzling Hairstyles Are In Her Blood
As a third-generation hairstylist, Melyssa started honing her craft at an early age. She was curling hair at age nine and created new looks on her hair every week. She has a passion for natural hairstyles. She’s constantly taking professional training to continue to offer her clients the most up-to-date hairstyles using the most modern techniques.
When you’re ready to try a new and innovative look like this short quick weave bob hairstyle, give Melyssa McLaughlin a try. We’re confident you’ll enjoy the experience. Melyssa likes to keep a light, fun atmosphere in the salon. She says it allows her clients to forget about life for a while. Melyssa is known as the “goofy person behind the chair that can slay some hair”. Stop by Corey Paul’s Hair Studio at 636 Hanes Mall Blvd. in Winston-Salem, NC and let Melyssa create a signature look for you. You can also give her a call at (336) 765-9007.
- How To Make Your Sleek Ponytail Look Like A Million BucksSleek ponytail hairstyles are admired for their simplicity. You could make some major mistakes though. We asked the pros for advice.
- Best 11 Quick Weave Hairstyles Ideas for Summer 2021Quick weave hairstyles are attractive, easy to maintain, and protect your hair also. These black hairstyles give you the best of both worlds.
- Microlinks Hairstyles Are Here to Give Lace Fronts a Run for Their MoneyMicrolinks hairstyles are a great way to add length to your style. Microlinks are a great way to try new hair color without the committment.
- Secrets to the Perfect Short Quick Weave BobShort quick weave bob hairstyles are stylish, easy to maintain, and protect your own hair as well. This look has sunny copper red color also.
- Secrets To a Stunning Platinum Blonde Short Hairstyle for Black WomenPlatinum blonde hair color and short hairstyles both signify confidence and personality. Put them togther and you have a fierce combination.
- Want to Make Your Short Pixie Cut for Black Women Rock? Read This!Get ready for summer with this bold short pixie cut for Black women. The look features a custom color and hair additions in the bang.
- Protective Hairstyles for Kids? It’s Easy if You Do It SmartHere are some creative ways to make protective hairstyles for kids fun and attractive. Colors and versatility topped the list.
- Stunning Short Pixie Cut for Black Women: This Is What Professionals DoThis short pixie cut for black women is in high demand because of its versatility and style. It is the perfect summer hairstyle.
- Kid’s Knotless Box Braids With Beads Hairstyle Your Child Will LoveYour child will love this kid’s knotless box braids with beads hairstyle. The kids love the beads and moms love the versatility.