Summer is coming and it’s time to get ready. Break out the sundresses, and sunglasses. It’s time to get your passport stamped. And you know the new season requires a new hairstyle. Something bold and sophisticated that will invigorate your spirit like a short pixie cut for Black women. We all need to get out and feel the freedom of summer, especially after the year we’ve had. Short hairstyles for Black women are the definite go-to hairstyle for summer 2021.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Short hair says fun and flirty, while also showcasing confidence. This short pixie cut features a custom light ash brown hair color with blonde highlights throughout. The bang is created with a precision cut hair addition with a color melt overlay. Winston-Salem, NC professional hairstylist Corey Paul, from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio has created the perfect short hairstyle ensemble that captures all of the styles and intricacy your summer 2021 look will require.
Short Pixie Cut for Black Women Are Always Popular
Corey ensured that his model would demand the center of attention with this precision, pixie haircut, and exotic custom hair color. Pixies are the type of short hairstyles for Black women that will always be in high demand. Pixies were the ultimate fashion statement in the 1990s with Black celebrities like Halle Berry and Toni Braxton sporting the look. Who can forget the awe-inspiring, precision haircut Halle sported in everyone’s favorite movie Boomerang? Short hairstyles denote boldness and signify confidence.
This short pixie cut for Black women was relaxed and colored the same day. It was then molded with styling foam and Corey used a styling pomade and heat protectant before curling. The pomade adds shine and acts as a heat protectant also. The curls were created using a flat-iron technique to create loose, soft curls.
Custom Hair Color by Corey Paul from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem, NC
Along with the precision haircut, the viewer’s eye is immediately drawn to the alluring hair color created by Corey Paul from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem, NC. This custom hair color features a custom blend of light ash brown colors and blonde highlights. Corey also designed a bold bang area using human hair additions with another custom hair color using different hues of pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows color melted into each other. Make no mistake, this is not a generic blend that you can pick out of and color box. Corey Paul designed this hair color specifically for this model. The colors emphasize the boldness of the haircut and accentuate the model’s natural features.
It’s All in the Pixie
Like all short hairstyles for Black women, the foundation is formed with the haircut. In this beautiful pixie cut featured in these images, Corey Paul designed an elegant precision haircut that tapers off in the back and falls gracefully over the ears. The hairstyle was created using a shears technique throughout. The bang area was created using custom-colored human hair additions that were cut into shape using a razor. The razor technique brings the hair additions down to the length of the model’s natural hair. This technique is also useful to remove weight in the bang. The precise angles of this short pixie haircut create the backdrop for this elegant hairstyle from Corey Paul of Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem, NC.
Give Your Bang Some Flair With Custom Colored Hair Additions
Corey wanted to give the bang area a little more definition so he added some 100% human hair additions to the front. He also created a custom hair color for the bang that would draw your attention as it created an elegant contrast against the light ash brown hair color he created for the model’s own hair.
- Check Out the Hottest Hair Colors for Black Women
- Over 700 Curly Hairstyles for Black Women to Choose From
- Over 800 Short Hairstyles
Adding color to hair additions is fun and it gives the model the ability to try something new without being tied to the long process of letting the color grow out on her own hair. Corey used a color melt technique to blend different hues of pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows together. The finished result creates bold streaks throughout the bang that add a touch of flash to this short pixie cut for Black women. Corey decided to use 100% human hair because of the versatility it gives the hairstyle. Human hair can be curled and will last longer than its synthetic counterpart.
Taking Care of This Short Pixie Cut for Black Women at Home
One of the biggest advantages of pixie haircuts is how easy they are to maintain. Along with looking absolutely stunning and stylish, pixies are easy to keep up. Corey created an at-home maintenance routine for his model that is incredibly easy to follow. He suggests his model sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase at night for starters. Cotton will draw moisture out of your hair and could leave a residue. Corey recommends either using the silk pillowcase or wrapping your hair with a silk or satin bonnet. In the mornings, you should add some type of daily pomade and then run your fingers through your hair. The goal is to create a messy, free-flowing, and tousled look. With proper care, this short pixie cut for Black women should last about two weeks.
Introducing Corey Paul from Corey Paul’s Hair Studio in Winston-Salem, NC
Corey Paul is an accomplished professional hairstylist and salon owner located at Corey Paul’s Hair Studio, 636 Hanes Mall Blvd. in Winston-Salem, NC. Corey has cultivated a well-earned reputation for precision haircuts and intricate custom hair color techniques. He is a national educator and platform artist also. Corey uses his professional styling techniques and his artistic eye to create innovative and trendsetting hairstyles for each of his clients. Treat yourself to a day of excitement and let Corey create a signature look for you. Start off with an in-depth consultation where Corey will chart your path to the perfect hairstyle and the steps he will take to ensure your hair stays healthy during the process. Stop by the salon or give Corey a call at (336) 765-9007 to make your appointment.
- Want To Make Your Long Quick Weave Hairstyle Rock? Read This!Long quick weave hairstyles create an elegant, flowing look. Hairstylists like Brittny Scales will keep your healthy while during the process
- Wait Till You See This Stunning Razor Cut Quick Weave Bob With ColorGet ready for fun with this razor cut quick weave bob hairstyle with color. This look is soft, yet daring with its body waves and bold color.
- Guaranteed No Stress Chin-Length Curly Haircut You Will LoveThis chin-length curly haircut features a mid-length bob with bouncy curls. A custom hair color and hair additions were applied also.
- You Must See This Honey Blonde Hair Color for Black WomenThis striking honey blonde hair color for Black women hairstyle was completed on the model’s natural hair. The color lays over soft curls.
- Check Out This Stunning Asymmetrical Bob on Natural HairBob hairstyles have been a part of black hair fashion for quite some time. This asymmetrical bob on natural hair adds a new twist.
- Fall in Love With This Middle Part Silk Press HairstyleProfessional hairstylist Reanee McManus created this middle part silk press hairstyle. The look features sleek lines without harsh chemicals.
- The Best Short, Curly Black Hairstyle Idea You Will See This SummerShort hairstyles for black women rock. Add some curls and you can’t lose. We have a hot new short curly black hairstyle design right here.
- Why You Need A Long Quick Weave HairstyleAfrican American women love the ease and versatility we recieve from looks like this long quick weave hairstyle. They are easy to maintain.
- Creating A Sleek Braided Ponytail: Expert InterviewThis sleek braided ponytail is the epitome of fun and fashion combined. The look features an intricate braiding technique and accent jewels.