Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
2020 has been a wild and crazy year. One of the brighter aspects of 2020 has been the continuing trend in African American culture to relaxer-free hair. Whether it came about from the government lockdown of professional hair salons across the US, or the result of a desire to live a more carefree life, natural hairstyles are the hottest look in the Black hairstyles industry right now. Just because you choose to forego the “creamy crack” doesn’t mean you’ve taken on a dull lifestyle though.
Adding a Vibrant Hair Color
As you can see, adding a vibrant hair color over relaxer-free hair is a big hit in 2020. MIkiko Boyd, a professional hairstylist from Wave Links Hair Studio Inc. created this stunning natural look with color. It’s definitely one of the best natural hair with color ideas for African American women that have crossed our desk. This is a versatile hairstyle that can be worn in any environment. It can be an everyday style and this look will work well at any elegant event also.
Natural Hair Color Ideas for African American Women
Mikiko created this relaxer-free look by creating a custom hair color process for her model. Mikiko meticulously blended different hues of blondes and browns in order to get the perfect hair color. The color brings out her model’s natural features. Orange flexi-rods were used to create the curl pattern also. Mikiko went above and beyond to ensure that her model’s hair would be well protected through the design process. The hair was shampooed and 2 leave in conditioners were used. Mikiko used a coconut leave-in spray and a moisture lock conditioner also. The detailed preparation work by Mikiko Boyd was a major factor in making this blonde and brown hairstyle one of the best natural hair color ideas for African American women.
Great Hairstyle That Keeps the Heat Away
One of the major benefits of this relaxer-free black hairstyle is that no heat is used to create the look. This is perfect for anyone that may be recovering from heat damage in the past also. Professional hairstylists like Mikiko Boyd will sit with you beforehand and give you an in-depth consultation. During this time your stylist will ascertain the health of your hair and create a plan to get your look. If your hairstylist sees any type of heat damage, they will usually give you a pro-plex protein treatment.
Taking Care of Your Natural Hair Color for African American Women
Along with this hairstyle’s elegant look, it’s very easy to maintain also. Mikiko suggests her clients with this hairstyle should part the hair in sections and twist the hair up at night. Then wrap your hair with a silk or satin bonnet. In the mornings, Mikiko says to take the hair down and use a product like s3 serum. This will silken out the hair. Then just fluff and go. The combination of the flexi-rod curl pattern and the custom hair color make this one of the hottest natural hair color ideas for African American women today.
- You’ll Fall in Love With This Asymmetrical Bob With BangsThis asymmetrical bob with bangs hairstyle features a bold haircut with layers and a custom hair color. The hairstyle is textured throughout.
- 3 Secrets to Long Ponytails for Black Women You Never KnewLong ponytail hairstyles are always in demand. Our editors give you 3 secrets for better long ponytails for Black women.
- One of the Best Natural Hair Color Ideas for African American WomenThis long curly look is one of the hottest natural hair color ideas for African American women. This hairstyle features a custom color.
- Fall in Love With This Two-Strand Twists Black HairstyleTwo-strand twists are an easy way to create an elegant black hairstyle that will look great and add to the health of your hair also.
- 10 Secrets to Make Your Quick Weave With Closure Look AmazingQuick weave with closure hairstyles is in high demand these days. We’ve put together some tips that you can use to make your style stand out.
- Elegance Reborn With This Bohemian Curls Sew-In HairstyleThis bohemian curls sew-in hairstyle is fun and flirty. It is a flawless hairstyle that gives the impression of a carefree look.
- Punch up the Fun With This Trendy Basket Weave Updo HairstyleThis trendy basket weave updo hairstyle features a bold red hair color. The color was created with a custom color process.
- Want to Spice Up Your Finger Waves on Short Hair? Add Color!Fingerwaves on short hair is a fun, protective hairstyle. The look is timeless with wavelike ridges going throughout the hair.
- Yes, Black Girls Can Rock Spicey Ginger Hair ColorVibrant ginger hair color is a definite attention getter. Vibrant reds are some of the hottest black hairstyles ideas this year.