Silk press hairstyles are a fashionable way to show your hair’s length without the use of harsh chemical straighteners. A silk press will give you the look of a relaxed hairstyle without the damage that can come with them. This middle part silk press hairstyle was created by Winston-Salem, NC professional hairstylist Reanee McManus from Stella’s Daughter Salon & Wellness Center. The look features a signature, middle part as well as a peek-a-boo pink and purple custom color blend in the front. This hairstyle is designed to show length and movement with a splash of color in the front. For Reanee, the look was important but keeping her model’s hair healthy was also on the agenda.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Stylist: Reanee McManus
Salon: Stella’s Daughter Salon & Wellness Center in Winston-Salem, NC
Salon Phone: (336) 788-5986
Makeup: Kendra Wilson
A Splash of Color Sets This Middle Part Silk Press Hairstyle Apart
Reanee decided to give her model a splash of color in the front in order to highlight the movement of the hair as well as create some attractive conversation pieces. Applying color to natural hair can be tricky though. You have to remove your natural hair color first which will take molecules and amino acids out of the hair. Reanee puts her color clients on a maintenance regimen that includes hydrating steam treatments and amino acid strengthening treatments every two weeks. These services will infuse moisture and protein into the hair to keep your tresses healthy throughout the hair color and silk press process.
Reanee created a custom hair color for her model using different hues of blue, red, and magenta to create the shades of pink and purple you see in the front. The peek-a-boo color is bold enough to grab your attention but not too strong for any corporate or formal function.
A Silk Press Looks Good But Comes With It’s Own Challenges
Silk presses require heat and heat can be detrimental to your hair. The operative word here is “can”. Under the watchful eye of a seasoned professional like Reanee McManus from Stella’s Daughter Salon & Wellness Center, you will receive all of the benefits a silk press can give your hair without any of the downside. Reanee chose to go “low and slow” with the heat as she applied the silk press technique. Low to medium heat helps to ensure that the model doesn’t lose her natural curl pattern in the process.
Those hydrating and amino acid treatments come in handy during the silk press technique also. Natural hair tends to require more moisture than relaxed hair and the added color does as well. Receiveng those treatments every two weeks creates an environment in your hair that makes styles like this middle part silk press hairstyle possible.
Introducing Reanee McManus From Stella’s Daughter Salon & Wellness Center in Winston-Salem, NC
This elegant middle part silk press hairstyle was created by Reanee McManus, a professional hairstylist and salon owner. Reanee is the owner of Stella’s Daughter Salon & Wellness Center, located at 3076 Healey Dr. in Winston-Salem, NC. Reanee is a true artist with a loyal clientele. She has been a fixture in the hair care industry for over 15 years. Give Reanee a call at (336) 788-5986 or better yet, stop by the salon. She’ll be happy to create artistic and elegant hairstyles that will keep your hair healthy also.
- Silk Press Natural Hair: Expert Stylist Weighs InTransform your natural curls to a silky straight look while preserving the integrity of your curl pattern.
- This Is the Best Layered Bob Black Hairstyle You’ll See This YearLayered bobs are timelesse. This layered bob black hairstyle was created by Deirdre Clay from Wave Links Hair Studio in Fayetteville, NC.
- Fall in Love With This Color Melt Hair Color for Black Natural HairThis hair color for Black natural hair was created using a color melt process. The look was created by Marsha Maat from Goose Creek, SC.
- 30 Best Black Hairstyles for Natural HairFrom traditional locks and twists to vibrant rainbow-colored brush cuts, these Black hairstyles for natural hair are the best this year.
- You’ll Want to See This Colorful Razor Cut Bob for Black WomenThis razor cut bob for Black women features a bold color combination and diagonal forward lines. The look is elegant and easy to maintain.
- The Best Coils With Comb Hairstyle You’ll See This YearThis coils with comb hairstyle mimics the look of starter locks without the committment. The sides are tightened to the scalp and braided.
- Fall in Love With This Natural Rainbow Locks HairstyleWho says natural hairstyles can’t be fun? This natural rainbow locks hairstyle features a custom hair color and double strand twists.
- Stunning Natural Nubian Locks Updo You’ll Fall in Love WithThis natural nubian locks updo hairstyle features a french lace in the back and soft petal curls in the top. A hair color was added also.
- Check Out This Fierce Clipper Cut Hairstyle With Grey Hair ColorThis very short clipper cut hairstyle features a triple-color process with grey in the top. The look has a design part around the base.
- Fall in Love With This Curly Short Pixie Cut for Black WomenThis curly short pixie cut has bold lines and soft curls. The custom hair color highlights the model’s complexion also.
- Check Out This Elegant Individual Casamas Braids Updo HairstyleIndividual casamas braids updo hairstyles are very versatile and easy to maintain. These looks are easy to create also.
- The Complete Guide to the Perfect Freeform Locks HairstyleFreeform locks are a low-maintenance natural hairstyle that isn’t labor-intensive to create. Freeform locks grow naturally without guidance.
- Ridiculously Simple Ways To Improve Your Ladies Textured HaircutThis ladies textured haircut features body wave curls and a custom hair color. The look is designed for corporate as well as evening events.